If you like waffles then you will love traditional Belgian waffles! Belgium is famous for it’s amazing waffles and so you should definitely try them. You can buy great waffles in a shop, but they are never as good as when you make them fresh. Belgian waffles are traditionally served with icing sugar but you can also enjoy them with honey, syrup, jam, fruit, icing sugar, cream or just about anything! Why don’t you have a go at making your own waffles for you, your family and friends to enjoy. This easy recipe means that you can make your own tasty waffles in under an hour.
This recipe should make about 12 waffles
240g flour 250ml milk 120g butter 4 eggs (seperated) 70g sugar pinch of salt
1) First, grease the waffle iron ready to bake the waffles. If you don’t have a proper waffle iron then grease the pan in which you plan to cook the waffles.
2) In a mixing bowl, add the egg yolks, flour, sugar, milk and salt and mix together well.
3) In the meantime, melt the butter and then add the melted butter and the egg whites to the rest of the mixture.
4) When the ingredients have all been added together and mixed well, making sure there are no lumps in the mixture, you can start baking the waffles.
5) Cook each waffle in a pan or waffle iron, until they are golden brown and slightly crispy.
6) When all of the waffles have been cooked, you may serve them. The waffles are best served hot and can be served with a topping of your choice or even plain.